David Beckham scores Elle's first solo male cover
Hearst's Elle UK is celebrating the London 2012 Olympics with a double cover issue featuring David Beckham on sale today, the first time in 26 years the monthly glossy has had a solo male cover model.
Elle believe the Beckham July issue will become a collector's item for Beckham fans.
A special newsstand issue cover is also available alongside the main issue.
The second cover is only available in select retailers but all monthly subscribers will receive the additional Beckham cover, illustrated by artist Frank Stanley.
The former Manchester United and England footballer is set to be among the stars of London 2012 when he represents Team GB in football this summer.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "We are delighted to be able to offer fans and Elle readers a double cover for this ground-breaking issue. What better way to celebrate the Olympics at Elle than with David Beckham on the cover?
"He's a global fashion icon, one of the most talented sports stars of our time and is loved by men and women alike.
"We’re confident this particular issue of Elle will quickly become a collector’s item."
Beckham has been photographed by Doug Inglish across 11 pages and also stars in a 10 minute video of the behind-the-scenes of the LA shoot on www.elleuk.com.
The latest issue of Elle has also attracted interest from the wider magazine fraternity after a strategic foray into social media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Print & Digital Designer Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Client Director Daniel Marks London $130-180K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Global Strategy Director - New York Daniel Marks London $150-200K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure