David Beckham scores Elle's first solo male cover
Hearst's Elle UK is celebrating the London 2012 Olympics with a double cover issue featuring David Beckham on sale today, the first time in 26 years the monthly glossy has had a solo male cover model.
Elle believe the Beckham July issue will become a collector's item for Beckham fans.
A special newsstand issue cover is also available alongside the main issue.
The second cover is only available in select retailers but all monthly subscribers will receive the additional Beckham cover, illustrated by artist Frank Stanley.
The former Manchester United and England footballer is set to be among the stars of London 2012 when he represents Team GB in football this summer.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "We are delighted to be able to offer fans and Elle readers a double cover for this ground-breaking issue. What better way to celebrate the Olympics at Elle than with David Beckham on the cover?
"He's a global fashion icon, one of the most talented sports stars of our time and is loved by men and women alike.
"We’re confident this particular issue of Elle will quickly become a collector’s item."
Beckham has been photographed by Doug Inglish across 11 pages and also stars in a 10 minute video of the behind-the-scenes of the LA shoot on www.elleuk.com.
The latest issue of Elle has also attracted interest from the wider magazine fraternity after a strategic foray into social media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent BTL London Agency - £37k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £37k, London
- Account Director - B2B technology Marketing Stonor £50,000 plus pension, H/C and 25 days holiday, West London/Bucks
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'