David Beckham scores Elle's first solo male cover
Hearst's Elle UK is celebrating the London 2012 Olympics with a double cover issue featuring David Beckham on sale today, the first time in 26 years the monthly glossy has had a solo male cover model.
Elle believe the Beckham July issue will become a collector's item for Beckham fans.
A special newsstand issue cover is also available alongside the main issue.
The second cover is only available in select retailers but all monthly subscribers will receive the additional Beckham cover, illustrated by artist Frank Stanley.
The former Manchester United and England footballer is set to be among the stars of London 2012 when he represents Team GB in football this summer.
Lorraine Candy, editor-in-chief of Elle, said: "We are delighted to be able to offer fans and Elle readers a double cover for this ground-breaking issue. What better way to celebrate the Olympics at Elle than with David Beckham on the cover?
"He's a global fashion icon, one of the most talented sports stars of our time and is loved by men and women alike.
"We’re confident this particular issue of Elle will quickly become a collector’s item."
Beckham has been photographed by Doug Inglish across 11 pages and also stars in a 10 minute video of the behind-the-scenes of the LA shoot on www.elleuk.com.
The latest issue of Elle has also attracted interest from the wider magazine fraternity after a strategic foray into social media.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Snr. Qualitative Consultant / Brand consultancy / Central LDN / c.£45k Trace £40,000 to £45,000, Central London
- Digital Planning Director Source £70000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Head of Planning Source £60000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £216 per day, London
- Account/ Research Manager / Market research / West London / c.£45k Trace £40,000 to £45,000 , London (West), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- UK wins four gold Film Lions