Pepsi partners Twitter for long-term music promotion
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 11:48AM
Pepsi and Twitter have teamed up to stream music concerts and offer free song downloads on the soft drink brand's Twitter page, the first deal of its kind for the six-year-old micro-blogging platform.
The year-long global partnership, dubbed, 'Live Now for Music' is part of Pepsi's new global brand campaign around music.
The soft drink brand is planning a series of pop-up concerts beginning in June.
The artists performing at the concerts will be announced two weeks in advance. Pepsi's Twitter followers can influence the events' set lists by tweeting song requests.
The soft drink brand will also compile a weekly video digest that will be embedded on its page every week.
Details of the artist performing at the concerts or downloadable songs are yet to be announced.
The brand has recently worked with Nicky Minaj as part of its music campaign.
Rival soft-drinks manufacturer Coca-Cola, which has had a long-standing relationship with music, is currently using its Glacéau vitaminwater brand's Twitter account to give away Olympic beach volleyball tickets and boost awareness of its status as "best mate" of the London 2012 Games.
A Twitter spokeswoman confirmed: "This is our first global partnership with a beverage company, and our first major partnership focused specifically on music."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Director : Theatrical & Home Entertainment brands : Integrated Agency Dylan IRO £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Account Manager- International Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London