Pepsi partners Twitter for long-term music promotion
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 May 2012 11:48AM
Pepsi and Twitter have teamed up to stream music concerts and offer free song downloads on the soft drink brand's Twitter page, the first deal of its kind for the six-year-old micro-blogging platform.
The year-long global partnership, dubbed, 'Live Now for Music' is part of Pepsi's new global brand campaign around music.
The soft drink brand is planning a series of pop-up concerts beginning in June.
The artists performing at the concerts will be announced two weeks in advance. Pepsi's Twitter followers can influence the events' set lists by tweeting song requests.
The soft drink brand will also compile a weekly video digest that will be embedded on its page every week.
Details of the artist performing at the concerts or downloadable songs are yet to be announced.
The brand has recently worked with Nicky Minaj as part of its music campaign.
Rival soft-drinks manufacturer Coca-Cola, which has had a long-standing relationship with music, is currently using its Glacéau vitaminwater brand's Twitter account to give away Olympic beach volleyball tickets and boost awareness of its status as "best mate" of the London 2012 Games.
A Twitter spokeswoman confirmed: "This is our first global partnership with a beverage company, and our first major partnership focused specifically on music."
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Assistant/Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Head of Brand Communications (1 year contract) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £47,000 - £57,000 + London Weighting , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media