Asda to roll out in-store summer marketing programme
Asda is rolling out a nationwide programme of retail events to support this summer's key summer occasions, beginning with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
The Jubilee-based activity, which kicks off next week, will invite customers to write their own personal message to the Queen while in store, which Asda will then send to Buckingham Palace.
The supermarket chain's summer events programme will also seek to exploit commercial occasions, including Euro 2012 and the London 2012 Olympics, and will provide experiences aimed at capturing the imagination of its customers.
Asda, along with rival supermarkets, is expecting to benefit from the major events this summer.
Experiential activity for Asda's summer events programme has been planned by Momentum.
Steph Hughes, head of events marketing at Asda, said: "This summer is set to be one the most eventful in Britain's history.
"It's important to us that we help our customers celebrate the exciting national events the UK is hosting, while continuing to save them money on everything they need to do so."
Asda's in-store activity comes as Sainsbury's hailed its "grassroots" support of the summer’s upcoming activities and blasted rivals for "jumping on the bandwagon".
Follow Matthew Chapman on Twitter at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London