Birds Eye launches Clarence's Cookbook app on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:30AM
Birds Eye has launched the 'Clarence's Cookbook' Facebook app, which includes a meal planner and recipe finder for parents.
The app by Glue Isobar features Clarence, the brand's polar bear character.
It forms part of the food giant's wider 'All You Need for a Great Teatime' strategy that offers food tips and family recipes.
The app encourages users to upload their own recipes and share them on Facebook. Future plans include increasing its functionality to allow users to rate each others' recipes.
It can be accessed from Birds Eye's Facebook page, which has more than 130,000 likes.
Earlier this month it was reported that Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand Foods is gearing up for a £2.5bn acquisition of Birds Eye.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Media Planner and Buyer Salt negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Senior Account Executive - Integrated Marketing Stonor £22,000- £27,000, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Hampshire / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review