Birds Eye launches Clarence's Cookbook app on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:30AM
Birds Eye has launched the 'Clarence's Cookbook' Facebook app, which includes a meal planner and recipe finder for parents.
The app by Glue Isobar features Clarence, the brand's polar bear character.
It forms part of the food giant's wider 'All You Need for a Great Teatime' strategy that offers food tips and family recipes.
The app encourages users to upload their own recipes and share them on Facebook. Future plans include increasing its functionality to allow users to rate each others' recipes.
It can be accessed from Birds Eye's Facebook page, which has more than 130,000 likes.
Earlier this month it was reported that Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand Foods is gearing up for a £2.5bn acquisition of Birds Eye.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SEO Analyst - Technical Ultimate Asset £24000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- STUDIO MANAGER - DORSET - £30-35K Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits , Dorset
- business lead > CREATIVE YOUTH MARKETING AGENCY > CSR CONTENT/PARTNERSHIPS/EVENTS/DIGITAL/SOCIAL collectivo Up to £65k + company bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director - top branding agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £50k, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Part Time Senior Marketing Executive - 12 months FTC (media) ADLIB Not specified, Bristol
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts