Birds Eye launches Clarence's Cookbook app on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:30AM
Birds Eye has launched the 'Clarence's Cookbook' Facebook app, which includes a meal planner and recipe finder for parents.
The app by Glue Isobar features Clarence, the brand's polar bear character.
It forms part of the food giant's wider 'All You Need for a Great Teatime' strategy that offers food tips and family recipes.
The app encourages users to upload their own recipes and share them on Facebook. Future plans include increasing its functionality to allow users to rate each others' recipes.
It can be accessed from Birds Eye's Facebook page, which has more than 130,000 likes.
Earlier this month it was reported that Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand Foods is gearing up for a £2.5bn acquisition of Birds Eye.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director - 9 month maternity cover The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £70K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Associate Director - Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £63000 + pension + additional benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Licensing Senior Category Manager - Valencia Spain . 75,000 Euros Mark Paine Recruitment 75,000 EUROS, Spain
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media