Birds Eye launches Clarence's Cookbook app on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 08:30AM
Birds Eye has launched the 'Clarence's Cookbook' Facebook app, which includes a meal planner and recipe finder for parents.
The app by Glue Isobar features Clarence, the brand's polar bear character.
It forms part of the food giant's wider 'All You Need for a Great Teatime' strategy that offers food tips and family recipes.
The app encourages users to upload their own recipes and share them on Facebook. Future plans include increasing its functionality to allow users to rate each others' recipes.
It can be accessed from Birds Eye's Facebook page, which has more than 130,000 likes.
Earlier this month it was reported that Thailand-based Charoen Pokphand Foods is gearing up for a £2.5bn acquisition of Birds Eye.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Online Marketing - Customer Journey (Retail) JV Recruitment £18000 - £25000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - Restaurants/Hotels/Lifestyle 24 Seven Inc £40,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad