SapientNitro wins McLaren digital business
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:00AM
McLaren Automotive has appointed SapientNitro to handle its global digital account.
SapientNitro won the business after a competitive pitch against LBi and Splendid.
The account will be run out of SapientNitro's London office.
McLaren called a review of the business last year as part of its plans to take on rivals Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche in the high-end road sports car market.
Last year, the company launched its first high-end road sports car, the MP4-12C, in 18 countries with a target price of £170,000. McLaren is expected to roll out a new car in each of the next two years.
SapientNitro will be responsible for building the McLaren brand, driving sales and enhancing the customer experience for its road cars.
Work for McLaren will roll out globally across key regions including Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and North America including Canada.
SapientNitro will work alongside VCCP, which picked up McLaren's global advertising account in March after a pitch that involved The Brooklyn Brothers and Leagas Delaney and was handled by Oystercatchers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Executive Network Career Consultants £23000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Artworker Network Career Consultants £24000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Global market research company TNS Competitive, London
- Senior Project Manager - Packaging Network Career Consultants £50000 - £58000 per annum, London
- Account Manager wanted for trendy boutique West end agency Network Career Consultants £25000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers