Nokia in Hollyoaks placement deal
Nokia has signed a product placement deal for its Lumia smartphones to appear in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.
As part of the deal, Hollyoaks characters will use the Lumia 800 and 710 phones and Monster's Purity HD headphones, while Nokia ads will appear at the village bus stop from July.
Lumia will also be promoted on all the platforms on which Hollyoaks is available through a content portal on Channel4.com, which will recreate the phone's home-screen with two Hollyoaks characters Tweeting their on-screen personality.
The deal, which is for an initial four-month period, was negotiated by Carat, Lime Pictures and Channel 4.
John Nichols, the head of marketing at Nokia UK, said: "This partnership is another example of how we are pushing the Lumia brand in new innovative ways, with a human approach across multiple platforms."
The first Hollyoaks product placement was by L'Oréal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition