Nokia in Hollyoaks placement deal
Nokia has signed a product placement deal for its Lumia smartphones to appear in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.
As part of the deal, Hollyoaks characters will use the Lumia 800 and 710 phones and Monster's Purity HD headphones, while Nokia ads will appear at the village bus stop from July.
Lumia will also be promoted on all the platforms on which Hollyoaks is available through a content portal on Channel4.com, which will recreate the phone's home-screen with two Hollyoaks characters Tweeting their on-screen personality.
The deal, which is for an initial four-month period, was negotiated by Carat, Lime Pictures and Channel 4.
John Nichols, the head of marketing at Nokia UK, said: "This partnership is another example of how we are pushing the Lumia brand in new innovative ways, with a human approach across multiple platforms."
The first Hollyoaks product placement was by L'Oréal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Coordinator Dynamic New Alliances £23000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- TV Account Executive- £26K Ultimate Asset £24000 - £26000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £34000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Buyer Planner/Senior Buyer Planner Premier Media £22000 - £28000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad