Nokia in Hollyoaks placement deal
Nokia has signed a product placement deal for its Lumia smartphones to appear in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.
As part of the deal, Hollyoaks characters will use the Lumia 800 and 710 phones and Monster's Purity HD headphones, while Nokia ads will appear at the village bus stop from July.
Lumia will also be promoted on all the platforms on which Hollyoaks is available through a content portal on Channel4.com, which will recreate the phone's home-screen with two Hollyoaks characters Tweeting their on-screen personality.
The deal, which is for an initial four-month period, was negotiated by Carat, Lime Pictures and Channel 4.
John Nichols, the head of marketing at Nokia UK, said: "This partnership is another example of how we are pushing the Lumia brand in new innovative ways, with a human approach across multiple platforms."
The first Hollyoaks product placement was by L'Oréal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Project Manager (Part-time) Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Competitive daily rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Planning Director - New Planning Function in Top Agency ADLIB up to c.£60k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Innovations Consultant Jarlett de Grouchy £60000.00 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- HEAD OF OPERATIONS - CREATIVE SERVICES - B2B - £80-85K Salt £80000 - £85000 per annum, City of London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links