Lee replaces Constantine as MD of Newcast
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 31 May 2012 11:20AM
ZenithOptimedia has promoted its commercial director, Christian Lee, to the role of managing director of its branded content arm, Newcast UK.
Lee replaces Paul Constantine, who had been Newcast's managing director since October 2010. He took over from Mark Waugh, who is now the global managing director of Newcast. Waugh had led the UK division from its inception in 2007.
Constantine will continue in his role as managing partner of ZenithOptimedia, focusing on business growth across clients including Comparethemarket.com.
Lee, who has worked for the agency for 11 years in roles including client services director, new-business and marketing director, will take up the position immediately and continue to report to Gerry Boyle, the UK chief executive of ZenithOptimedia.
In his new role, Lee will be responsible for continuing growth and development at Newcast, which has grown to billings of more than £45 million and a team of 22 since its launch.
Content that Newcast has produced on behalf of clients includes B&Q's long-running sponsorship and content partnership with 4Homes and O2's live streaming of a Kasabian gig on YouTube.
Boyle said: "I am delighted that Christian has accepted the challenge of continuing the momentum we have in the content space and leading Newcast into the future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Interim Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35,000 to £45,000, Bagshot
- Senior Project Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant