RBS Group's Andrew Wilson to take client-facing role at WPP
By Matt Cartmell, prweek.com, Thursday, 31 May 2012 01:33PM
RBS Group's head of group comms is leaving to take on a top role at WPP.
Andrew Wilson will be leaving the banking and insurance company in the next month to head to the marketing group led by Martin Sorrell, where he will take on a client facing role across a number of WPP’s agencies.
Wilson will be involved in a wide number of accounts including RBS’s account work, currently handled by Finsbury as well as MediaCom and PSB.
Wilson will not be replaced, but instead RBS is planning to set up different reporting lines overseen by head of comms and group chief economist Andrew McLaughlin and global banking markets head of comms and marketing Anna Langford.
A spokesman explained: ‘A big part of Andrew’s role was building a team in public affairs and PR. He’s done that now, that team has been built up, and each of the functions have been able to stand on their own two feet.’
Wilson has been at Royal Bank of Scotland since 2003, when he joined as head of group media relations.
He formerly worked as an MSP in the Scottish Parliament and has been a columnist at Scotland’s Sunday Mail.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London