RBS Group's Andrew Wilson to take client-facing role at WPP
By Matt Cartmell, prweek.com, Thursday, 31 May 2012 01:33PM
RBS Group's head of group comms is leaving to take on a top role at WPP.
Andrew Wilson will be leaving the banking and insurance company in the next month to head to the marketing group led by Martin Sorrell, where he will take on a client facing role across a number of WPP’s agencies.
Wilson will be involved in a wide number of accounts including RBS’s account work, currently handled by Finsbury as well as MediaCom and PSB.
Wilson will not be replaced, but instead RBS is planning to set up different reporting lines overseen by head of comms and group chief economist Andrew McLaughlin and global banking markets head of comms and marketing Anna Langford.
A spokesman explained: ‘A big part of Andrew’s role was building a team in public affairs and PR. He’s done that now, that team has been built up, and each of the functions have been able to stand on their own two feet.’
Wilson has been at Royal Bank of Scotland since 2003, when he joined as head of group media relations.
He formerly worked as an MSP in the Scottish Parliament and has been a columnist at Scotland’s Sunday Mail.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 - £350000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketer Veritas Partnership Ltd £30-35,000 + car/ar allowance + bonus + benefits, South East England / South West England
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £40000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films