Campaign Viral Chart: Nike viral stays ahead of Pepsi Max
An interactive film for Nike has remained top of the chart for a second week despite being shared dramatically fewer times than last week.
The ad, which displays stats to users who click on featured footballers, was shared just 50,333 times this week, following 585,286 shares after its launch the previous week.
A second ad from the same Nike campaign, featuring footballer Mario Balotelli, also fell through the chart from third to sixth position.
Meanwhile, the film of a flashmob on the Copenhagen Metro, promoting the city's philharmonic orchestra, re-entered the chart in 10th position, just two weeks after it secured the top spot.
Pepsi retained second place with its "uncle Drew" ad, while a Samsung ad, in which David Beckham plays Beethoven's Ode to Joy by kicking a football at a wall of drums, rose through the chart from seventh to fourth position.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. Nike 'my time is now' by Wieden & Kennedy London
50,333 shares this week
All time: 676,182 shares
2. Pepsi Max 'uncle Drew'
43,636 shares this week
All time: 116,629 shares
3. Leap 'introducing the Leap' created in-house
9,722 shares this week
All time: 35,436 shares
4. Samsung 'Beckham plays Beethoven' by Cheil, USA
8,274 shares this week
All time: 15,478 shares
5. DC Shoes 'Gymkhana four' created in-house
5,766 shares this week
All time: 9,973 shares
6. Nike 'Mario Balotelli' by Agence Leg, France
5,390 shares this week
All time: 45,596 shares
7. San Miguel ''#lacanciondeSanMiguel' by SCPF, Barcelona
4,890 shares this week
All time: 4,907 shares
8. Philips 'dein bart fur Deutschland' by Ogilvy & Mather, Dusseldorf
4,725 shares this week
All time: 5,204 shares
9. Samsung 'Galaxy S III' created in-house
3,761 shares this week
All time: 45,131 shares
10. Copenhagen Phil 'flashmob on the Copenhagen Metro' by Makropol
3,176 shares this week
All time: 77,612 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'