Adrian English promoted to head of media investment at Carat
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 01 June 2012 12:25PM
Carat has promoted Adrian English to the role of head of media investment as part of a series of internal moves.
English has been promoted from his previous role as head of broadcast and will report to chief operations officer, Richard Sexton.
He will lead Carat's 100-strong media team, which spans TV, cinema, radio, print and digital activation. He will direct Carat's investment across all media buying, lead media owner innovation and partnerships, and is charged with integrating Carat’s media planning product.
English will put his extensive experience to work managing the integration of the current media team into a multi-disciplined structure that will deliver innovation and business value for Carat's clients.
In addition to English's appointment, Steven Ballinger has been promoted to head of broadcast and Lorna Cheetham to head of digital operations, building on the appointments of Jo Allan, Matthew Hook and Richard Sexton to the new senior management team earlier this month.
Glyn Shadwell has also joined Carat as business director from McCann Erickson.
According to Carat, the new structure is designed to reorganise its UK business around three key pillars: getting closer to client’s businesses, integration of emerging media and outstanding media planning and buying.
Tracy De Groose, managing director for Carat, said: "These important promotions and appointments are the next step in Carat's creation of a new type of agency structure.
"Adrian, Steven, Lorna and Glyn will further strengthen our product offering across platforms, increase collaboration with our media partners and ultimately drive the creation of innovative work that delivers against our clients' measures of business success."
Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure