Corona Extra embarks on heavyweight outdoor and digital drive
Corona Extra, the Mexican beer, is rolling out a heavyweight outdoor and digital campaign for the summer, introducing the tagline 'The place to be'.
Photographed in Mexico, the campaign created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay focuses on its "bucket serve" in a bid to place sociability and sharing with friends at the heart of the brand.
Launching this week, the campaign will make Corona the biggest outdoor advertiser in the world beer category this year. It is part of a heavyweight advertising push, which will run alongside a digital campaign, combining online advertising, Facebook activity and the launch of new Corona mobile apps.
Darius Burrows, senior brand manager for Corona Extra, said: "The idea behind the new campaign was to recreate the strong connection between our brand and its consumers, so that when they open a bottle of Corona, they leave everything else behind and start enjoying life in the place they want to be.
"For Corona, a summer campaign is crucial to build on previous success and take advantage of the growing popularity of world beer," he added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency