Ikea releases Corgi-dog holder viral for the Jubilee
Ikea is getting in on Jubilee fever with a new viral that promotes the brand's hot dog holder, which has been transformed into the shape of a Corgi.
The viral, created by Lida, shows a Guardsman secretly eating a hot dog out of the flat-pack 'Corgi dog holder'. Although he eats the hot dog with precision, it leaves a tell-tale smear of mustard on his mouth.
The viral ends with the line, "Celebrate the Jubilee with the most regal of snacks. One can try a Corgi dog in selected stores until 10th June".
Consumers who buy the snack wrapper will receive an offer of £15 off when they spend more than £75 at Ikea.
Markus Weichselbaumer, relationship marketing manager, Ikea, said: "We wanted to help get the country excited about the Jubilee celebrations with an initiative that combines Britain's love for our famous Swedish hot dogs, and the iconic royal pet. The result is the 'Corgi Dog'."
Art director Spencer White worked on the ad, with copywriter Andy O’Carroll and planner Rory Smith. The director was Ian Anderson.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer - London ASG Upto £24,000, London
- Brand Manager Stopgap £40000 - £55000 per annum, London
- E-commerce Trading Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester