Simon Francis to step down as chief executive of Aegis Media EMEA
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 June 2012 03:04PM
Simon Francis, chief executive of Aegis Media across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) is leaving the company by mutual consent, effective immediately.
In a statement released over the UK bank holiday weekend (2-5June), Aegis Media indicated that Francis' role will be assumed by Nigel Morris, who currently runs the Americas region for the group. Morris will continue to be based in the Aegis Media offices in New York.
Francis joined the firm in February 2011 from his position as chief executive for the EMEA region at Saatchi & Saatchi. Prior to joining Aegis, Francis was EMEA managing director at media agency OMD, a post he held for six years in a career spanned a total of eight years at the Omnicom agency.
A spokeswoman for Aegis Media confirmed the departure of Francis and the appointment of Morris.
Francis has revealed he is "considering [his] next options and plans."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB