Simon Francis to step down as chief executive of Aegis Media EMEA
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 June 2012 03:04PM
Simon Francis, chief executive of Aegis Media across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) is leaving the company by mutual consent, effective immediately.
In a statement released over the UK bank holiday weekend (2-5June), Aegis Media indicated that Francis' role will be assumed by Nigel Morris, who currently runs the Americas region for the group. Morris will continue to be based in the Aegis Media offices in New York.
Francis joined the firm in February 2011 from his position as chief executive for the EMEA region at Saatchi & Saatchi. Prior to joining Aegis, Francis was EMEA managing director at media agency OMD, a post he held for six years in a career spanned a total of eight years at the Omnicom agency.
A spokeswoman for Aegis Media confirmed the departure of Francis and the appointment of Morris.
Francis has revealed he is "considering [his] next options and plans."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, Central London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition