Simon Francis to step down as chief executive of Aegis Media EMEA
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 June 2012 03:04PM
Simon Francis, chief executive of Aegis Media across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) is leaving the company by mutual consent, effective immediately.
In a statement released over the UK bank holiday weekend (2-5June), Aegis Media indicated that Francis' role will be assumed by Nigel Morris, who currently runs the Americas region for the group. Morris will continue to be based in the Aegis Media offices in New York.
Francis joined the firm in February 2011 from his position as chief executive for the EMEA region at Saatchi & Saatchi. Prior to joining Aegis, Francis was EMEA managing director at media agency OMD, a post he held for six years in a career spanned a total of eight years at the Omnicom agency.
A spokeswoman for Aegis Media confirmed the departure of Francis and the appointment of Morris.
Francis has revealed he is "considering [his] next options and plans."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%