Simon Francis to step down as chief executive of Aegis Media EMEA
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 05 June 2012 03:04PM
Simon Francis, chief executive of Aegis Media across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) is leaving the company by mutual consent, effective immediately.
In a statement released over the UK bank holiday weekend (2-5June), Aegis Media indicated that Francis' role will be assumed by Nigel Morris, who currently runs the Americas region for the group. Morris will continue to be based in the Aegis Media offices in New York.
Francis joined the firm in February 2011 from his position as chief executive for the EMEA region at Saatchi & Saatchi. Prior to joining Aegis, Francis was EMEA managing director at media agency OMD, a post he held for six years in a career spanned a total of eight years at the Omnicom agency.
A spokeswoman for Aegis Media confirmed the departure of Francis and the appointment of Morris.
Francis has revealed he is "considering [his] next options and plans."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Global Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum + C/A , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East England
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Acquisition Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)