Qantas appoints global creative and media agencies
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 June 2012 09:15AM
Qantas Airways, the domestic and international Australian airline, has appointed Droga5 to be its global agency of record and retained ZenithOptimedia as its media agency.
From July 2012, Droga5 will take over lead creative duties for the airline from incumbent Publicis Mojo and assume media buying responsibilities in key offshore markets.
ZenithOptimedia has retained the global media account, seeing off competition from OMD and MediaCom, after a process that lasted 10 months.
Droga5 will lead the account out of its Australia office, but also work with the agency's senior team, including David Droga, in New York.
The airline also will collaborate with: Publicis' Amnesia Razorfish for digital media strategy; R/GA for specialist digital projects; and Publicis Mojo, which will continue to work as a strategic advisor, the company said.
In Australia, Qantas also appointed Subnine to support sports sponsorships and Play Communication to support a range of arts and entertainment properties, according to a press release.
The roster will commence in the new financial year.
David Nobay, creative chairman of Droga5 Australia, said: "It has been our ambition to partner with the most progressive and influential brands in the country since we opened our doors in Australia four years ago.
"Being chosen by Qantas to help them evolve their marketing at such a pivotal moment in their company's history is an enormous privilege."
David Droga, founder and creative chairman of Droga5, described Qantas as Australia's "most iconic global brand".
Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + negotiable, + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater)
- Channel Marketing Manager Stopgap £60000 - £62500 per annum + up to £75,000 OTE, London (West), London (Greater)
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film