McCann appoints Linus Karlsson to global role
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 June 2012 09:52AM
McCann has promoted its New York and London creative chief Linus Karlsson to chief creative officer for global brands.
Karlsson, who was hired by the agency from Mother New York in November 2010, has also been appointed to the rotating chairmanship of the agency's Creative Leadership Collective.
In addition, Andreas Dahlqvist has been appointed as deputy chief creative officer for global brands and will retain his role as vice-chairman of McCann New York.
While Karlsson retains his role as chairman of McCann New York and London, he has given up his chief creative officer role at the agencies.
In New York, McCann has just promoted Sean Bryan and Tom Murphy from co-ECDs to co-chief creative officers.
Nick Brien, chairman and CEO of McCann Worldgroup, said of Karlsson's role: "Linus has, over the last 15 months, immersed himself in both our New York and global clients and the timing is now ideal for him to focus his experienced creative talent on our global brands."
"The ability of Linus and Andreas to fluidly transition between cultures and clients, as well attract top talent and inspire a rich diversity of thinking, make them natural choices for driving the needs of our global brands."
Leadership of the CLC rotates on an 18-month basis, and Karlsson succeeds Prasoon Joshi, president of McCann Worldgroup South Asia, and chairman and chief creative officer for McCann Worldgroup India.
Other leaders of the nine-member CLC include Washington Olivetto, chairman and chief creative officer at McCann Brazil, and Spencer Wong, chief creative officer and managing director, Hong Kong.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Social Media Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Burford
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch