Nivea deodorant in tie-up with Asos
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 June 2012 11:28AM
Nivea is running a seven-week campaign with online fashion retailer Asos to drive engagement for its Invisible for Black & White deodorant.
The campaign includes competitions to bring to life the message that last year's black and white dresses are still in brilliant condition thanks to Nivea Deodorant, suggesting all they need are a few summer 2012 accessories.
The interactive campaign will allow users to virtually update dresses with this season's must-have trends, and give them the chance to win Asos prizes and vouchers. The overall winner will receive a full wardrobe overhaul with the help of an Asos stylist.
It will also be supported by a wider digital strategy, making full use of all Asos's touchpoints, including the Asos magazine and social media feeds.
The activity was negotiated, developed and managed by Carat Sponsorship, which first brought Nivea together with Asos for a campaign last year.
Rob Honeywood, sponsorship manager for Carat, said: "The 2012 campaign builds on the success of last year's award-winning activity and pushes the partnership to the next level. It truly demonstrates how Carat is using media in new ways and delivering against our Redefining Media proposition."
Stephen Byrne, senior brand manager, for Nivea said: "It's great to be teaming up with Asos again through Carat to drive engagement with this product, working towards building the momentum from last year's launch.
"Asos's fashion credentials and discerning audience offer the perfect environment for the success of this campaign."
The activity comes as Carat prepares to defend its hold on the £110m pan-European media account for Beiersdorf, which owns Nivea.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (Magento) Red Sofa London £30000.00 - £45000 per annum, London
- OOH Planning Account Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'