Bournemouth students win European ad competition
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 June 2012 12:50PM
Four Bournemouth University students have won a Europe-wide Ad Venture competition run by the European Association of Communications Agencies (EACA).
The student competition offers winners the chance to spend a week on the student programme of the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
The team, which was called Brutha, consisted of art director Sean Bone, account manager Ben Gardiner and account planners Rosa Greenslade and Paul Martin.
The challenge for this year's competition was for teams to raise awareness about Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) and increase transparency of OBA, explain the choices users have, and show how users can exercise their choice over OBA.
The competition was judged in three rounds. First, the students had to send in a proposal online and 10 teams were selected to go through to the next round.
Then they had to face a conference call with six judges before being told they had made it through to the final. The final was held at the Edcom conference in Buckinghamshire on 25 May, where they had to present their idea.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager to £30k & Comm Network Career Consultants £27000 - £30000 per annum + Commission, London
- Recruitment Manager - Technical Development Team Propel £28000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Copywriter & Marketing Executive - Events, Integrated Marketing Live Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, London
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £20000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents