Bournemouth students win European ad competition
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 June 2012 12:50PM
Four Bournemouth University students have won a Europe-wide Ad Venture competition run by the European Association of Communications Agencies (EACA).
The student competition offers winners the chance to spend a week on the student programme of the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
The team, which was called Brutha, consisted of art director Sean Bone, account manager Ben Gardiner and account planners Rosa Greenslade and Paul Martin.
The challenge for this year's competition was for teams to raise awareness about Online Behavioural Advertising (OBA) and increase transparency of OBA, explain the choices users have, and show how users can exercise their choice over OBA.
The competition was judged in three rounds. First, the students had to send in a proposal online and 10 teams were selected to go through to the next round.
Then they had to face a conference call with six judges before being told they had made it through to the final. The final was held at the Edcom conference in Buckinghamshire on 25 May, where they had to present their idea.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Interactive Designer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Senior Research Executive Lipton Fleming £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Telco] - Superb Agency off Oxford Street Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k with great benefits, Off Oxford Street
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart