Virgin Pure appoints MG OMD to £2m account
Virgin Strauss Water, the water purification joint venture from Virgin Group and Strauss Water, has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle the £2m media planning and buying account for the newly launched Virgin Pure brand.
Omnicom agency MG OMD won the media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch, which is understood to have involved WPP media agency M/Six (formerly known as MCHI).
MG OMD will also work with Virgin Pure on its search engine optimisation (SEO) business after a separate but concurrent pitch.
Saatchi & Saatchi and Kitcatt Nohr Digitas picked up the creative and direct business for Virgin Pure in February. The PR activity is being handled by Citizen, which handled the launch event last week.
Kim Francis, marketing director for Virgin Strauss Water UK, confirmed MG OMD had been appointed to the brand’s media account after a competitive pitch but declined to comment further.
Virgin Pure is being billed as an alternative to bottled water, filtered jugs and kettles as the counter-top system is plugged into the mains and dispenses chilled or boiling purified tap water.
It is understood that £2m will be spent on media to support the launch of Virgin Pure, though Francis did not confirm this.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated