Virgin Pure appoints MG OMD to £2m account
Virgin Strauss Water, the water purification joint venture from Virgin Group and Strauss Water, has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle the £2m media planning and buying account for the newly launched Virgin Pure brand.
Omnicom agency MG OMD won the media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch, which is understood to have involved WPP media agency M/Six (formerly known as MCHI).
MG OMD will also work with Virgin Pure on its search engine optimisation (SEO) business after a separate but concurrent pitch.
Saatchi & Saatchi and Kitcatt Nohr Digitas picked up the creative and direct business for Virgin Pure in February. The PR activity is being handled by Citizen, which handled the launch event last week.
Kim Francis, marketing director for Virgin Strauss Water UK, confirmed MG OMD had been appointed to the brand’s media account after a competitive pitch but declined to comment further.
Virgin Pure is being billed as an alternative to bottled water, filtered jugs and kettles as the counter-top system is plugged into the mains and dispenses chilled or boiling purified tap water.
It is understood that £2m will be spent on media to support the launch of Virgin Pure, though Francis did not confirm this.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Designer, Entertainment Sky Negotiable, London
- Creative Designer, 3D - Brand, Service and Product Innovation Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Flame Artist - Visual Effects Sky Negotiable, London
- Innovation Director - Creative Direction & Design Management Bamboo Crowd £60k - £75k , London (Central)
- Sales Manager - Branded Content & programmatic solutions Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + commission & benefits, Manchester
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list
- Asda brings back 'pocket tap' and adopts Walmart strap line in TV ad