Henkel secures product placement in Big Brother bathroom
Right Guard deodorant and Theramed toothpaste will be among the first physical branded items to be found in the 'Big Brother' house as part of a product-placement deal.
Henkel's Schwarzkopf Live Color XXL hair dye is the headline sponsor of 'Big Brother', 'Celebrity Big Brother' and 'Big Brother's Bit on the Side' and packets of the hair dye will also be available to the housemates.
The branded products will be placed in the bathroom of the 'Big Brother' house for the housemates to use and additional supplies will be available in the larder.
Ben Haxworth, head of marketing at Schwarzkopf & Henkel, said that placing Live Color XXL hair dye in the 'Big Brother' bathroom for the housemates to use is a "natural extension of this highly innovative sponsorship deal".
The deal was negotiated with Channel 5 and producer Endemol by MEC Access on Henkel's behalf.
Chantal Rickards, head of programming and branded content at MEC Access, said: "This partnership has allowed us to get the best out of sponsorship, product placement and product integration in a major TV series.
"It has been a collaborative and symbiotic process with all parties really wanting to make it work for each other. This initiative puts the Schwarzkopf and Henkel brands directly in front of the perfect target audience in the right environment."
Channel 5 has previously shown two films in the 'Big Brother' house (Touchstone Pictures' 'Fright Night' and Paramount Pictures' 'Paranormal Activity 3'), but this is the first time a brand has paid for a physical product to appear in the show.
Nick Bampton, commercial sales director at Channel 5, said: "This innovative product placement deal is the next step in the evolution of the show and demonstrates the speed, enterprise and ingenuity of Channel 5 when delivering these bespoke partnerships."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Maximuscle signs product placement deal for Celebrity Big Brother task
- C5 rapped over Big Brother Facebook voting app
- Big Brother final audience down by a quarter to 1.5 million
- PG Tips adds logo to C4 quiz show mug
- Ofcom to probe 'Big Brother' after more than 1,200 complaints
- Dental specialist Invisalign to sponsor C5's The Bachelor
- MEC hires Unilever marketer Caroline Banquet
- Morrisons to become first Big Brother shopping partner
- Return of Big Brother brings 3m viewers to Channel 5
- Schwarzkopf signs as headline Big Brother sponsor
- Client Services Director Adam Recruitment £55000 - £75000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Planner PFJ £26000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic & Product Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum, Birmingham
- Consumer Insight Manager - Berkshire Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director: Birmingham based Creative Agency - digital, brochure literature & CRM Firehorse c.£55k, Birmingham
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London