BT Infinity launches Xbox Live presence
BT Infinity broadband is extending its student-themed TV ad campaign into the console world with an interactive branded environment on Xbox Live, backed by sponsorship.
The "branded destination experience" can be accessed from the home menu on Xbox Live and takes users into the flat where Anna, Joe and Simon live.
The "flat 6" experience featuress the three bedrooms belonging to the characters. Each room is based on one of the core benefits of BT Infinity – gaming, music and movies.
For the first time in the UK the branded environment can be rotated using the Xbox controller or hand gesture on motion controller Kinect.
The reach of the activity will be bolstered by BT sponsoring related content, starting with Xbox’s own coverage of E3, this week’s gaming and technology trade show.
From 15 June to 14 July, the music strand will involve a link from the BT environment to a competition via the music-focused Vevo app on the Xbox Live platform. The Xbox team has also sold BT ads within Vevo's inventory on the platform.
From 15 July to 14 August the movies strand will involve a still to be finalised tie-up between BT and the LoveFilm app.
The BT experience was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and media planning and buying was handled by Maxus.
Dominic Gains, senior marketing manager at BT Retail, said: "With BT Infinity one of our key objectives is to bring the benefits of fibre optic broadband to life for consumers.
"This platform is perfect for showcasing the benefits of BT Infinity in a relevant space."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads