BT Infinity launches Xbox Live presence
BT Infinity broadband is extending its student-themed TV ad campaign into the console world with an interactive branded environment on Xbox Live, backed by sponsorship.
The "branded destination experience" can be accessed from the home menu on Xbox Live and takes users into the flat where Anna, Joe and Simon live.
The "flat 6" experience featuress the three bedrooms belonging to the characters. Each room is based on one of the core benefits of BT Infinity – gaming, music and movies.
For the first time in the UK the branded environment can be rotated using the Xbox controller or hand gesture on motion controller Kinect.
The reach of the activity will be bolstered by BT sponsoring related content, starting with Xbox’s own coverage of E3, this week’s gaming and technology trade show.
From 15 June to 14 July, the music strand will involve a link from the BT environment to a competition via the music-focused Vevo app on the Xbox Live platform. The Xbox team has also sold BT ads within Vevo's inventory on the platform.
From 15 July to 14 August the movies strand will involve a still to be finalised tie-up between BT and the LoveFilm app.
The BT experience was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and media planning and buying was handled by Maxus.
Dominic Gains, senior marketing manager at BT Retail, said: "With BT Infinity one of our key objectives is to bring the benefits of fibre optic broadband to life for consumers.
"This platform is perfect for showcasing the benefits of BT Infinity in a relevant space."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Category Insight Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £38000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance + Benefits, Bracknell
- Senior Designer Contract Zebra People £350 per day, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart