BT Infinity launches Xbox Live presence
BT Infinity broadband is extending its student-themed TV ad campaign into the console world with an interactive branded environment on Xbox Live, backed by sponsorship.
The "branded destination experience" can be accessed from the home menu on Xbox Live and takes users into the flat where Anna, Joe and Simon live.
The "flat 6" experience featuress the three bedrooms belonging to the characters. Each room is based on one of the core benefits of BT Infinity – gaming, music and movies.
For the first time in the UK the branded environment can be rotated using the Xbox controller or hand gesture on motion controller Kinect.
The reach of the activity will be bolstered by BT sponsoring related content, starting with Xbox’s own coverage of E3, this week’s gaming and technology trade show.
From 15 June to 14 July, the music strand will involve a link from the BT environment to a competition via the music-focused Vevo app on the Xbox Live platform. The Xbox team has also sold BT ads within Vevo's inventory on the platform.
From 15 July to 14 August the movies strand will involve a still to be finalised tie-up between BT and the LoveFilm app.
The BT experience was created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and media planning and buying was handled by Maxus.
Dominic Gains, senior marketing manager at BT Retail, said: "With BT Infinity one of our key objectives is to bring the benefits of fibre optic broadband to life for consumers.
"This platform is perfect for showcasing the benefits of BT Infinity in a relevant space."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Display Campaign Executive - Top 3 Digital Agency Reuben Sinclair bonus, benefits, pension, healthcare, N1 London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Products Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath
- Digital Display Manager - Fab Agency! GoodEgg Digital £Neg+ great benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy