Creatives' mothers star in Fresh Awards films
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 June 2012 12:30PM
McCann Birmingham is picking on well-known creatives by imagining their mothers' disappointment about their career, in the spirit of encouraging entries to the Fresh Awards.
The first of many films shows the real mother of Big Communications' Dylan Bogg talking about her son.
The films, titled 'Make your mum proud, for once', make the point that winning a Fresh Award is the best way to do so.
Vince McSweeney, group executive creative director at McCann Birmingham, said: "This was a way to stop Mum talking about the neighbour's darling fireman son and give her something to boast about. And an award to put in the cabinet next to Will and Kate's commemorative plate. But most of all, make her proud."
The agency team included art directors Barrie Robinson and Tim Jones and copywriters Tim Jarvis and James Cross. The films were directed by Alex Telfer and produced by MTP.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- LEAD UI DESIGNER - MOBILE & WEB APPS - LONDON - £60-70K Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (Live Events) Cheerful21st £50-£70k plus commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated