Morrisons serves up Euro 2012 summer campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 June 2012 08:00AM
Morrisons is hoping to cash in on Euro 2012 fever with a TV campaign that promotes food to eat at home while watching the football.
The work is the second TV ad from the brand's summer campaign and features Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff tucking into a pizza.
The first TV spot focused on the Diamond Jubilee and starred real Morrisons staff alongside the former cricketer.
The football-themed ad launches today (8 June) to coincide with the opening match of the Euro 2012 tournament between host Poland and Greece.
DLKW Lowe created the ad, which showcases the supermarket's drumsticks and thighs, deli snacks and pizza.
Jorn Threlfall directed the ads as well as the brand's previous celebrity-led campaigns, which, among others, starred 'Top Gear' presenter Richard Hammond.
Nick Collard, marketing and operations director at Morrisons, said: "This is one of the most exciting summers we've ever had in Britain with the Jubilee, Euros and the Olympics all giving the nation a reason to get together and celebrate.
"We predict the coming weeks will be among our busiest ever with deals and promotions that will ensure that, whatever their budget, our customers can throw the best parties in town."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director of Brand, London or Hull G . F Smith Competitive dependent on experience, London or Hull
- Email Marketing Executive Salt £120 - £130 per day, London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'