Morrisons serves up Euro 2012 summer campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 June 2012 08:00AM
Morrisons is hoping to cash in on Euro 2012 fever with a TV campaign that promotes food to eat at home while watching the football.
The work is the second TV ad from the brand's summer campaign and features Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff tucking into a pizza.
The first TV spot focused on the Diamond Jubilee and starred real Morrisons staff alongside the former cricketer.
The football-themed ad launches today (8 June) to coincide with the opening match of the Euro 2012 tournament between host Poland and Greece.
DLKW Lowe created the ad, which showcases the supermarket's drumsticks and thighs, deli snacks and pizza.
Jorn Threlfall directed the ads as well as the brand's previous celebrity-led campaigns, which, among others, starred 'Top Gear' presenter Richard Hammond.
Nick Collard, marketing and operations director at Morrisons, said: "This is one of the most exciting summers we've ever had in Britain with the Jubilee, Euros and the Olympics all giving the nation a reason to get together and celebrate.
"We predict the coming weeks will be among our busiest ever with deals and promotions that will ensure that, whatever their budget, our customers can throw the best parties in town."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad