Absolute Radio readies Ian Wright Euro 2012 show ads
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 08 June 2012 11:00AM
Absolute Radio is to launch a digital outdoor ad campaign across London tomorrow to promote its daily Ian Wright 'Rock 'N' Roll Football' show during the Euro 2012 tournament.
The creative, designed by Albion, shows Wright crowd surfing on a group of England fans.
Text on all digital sites will change to encourage fans to tune into the next featured England or Republic of Ireland game on 105.8FM.
MEC has planned and bought the campaign with the help of outdoor specialist Kinetic.
The campaign will only run in London with specific emphasis on roadside and includes digital 6-sheets and special sites including JCDecaux's Cromwell Road i and M4 Torch.
Clare Baker, marketing director for Absolute Radio, said. "This marketing campaign signals our intention to drive the Rock 'N' Roll Football brand into the Euros and beyond."
The station will also broadcast alternative commentary from English and Irish comedians including Dave Gorman and Jason Byrne on national digital brand Absolute Radio 90s.
Paul Sylvester, head of presentation for Absolute Radio, said: "It's a childhood dream to become a football commentator and in what's a radio first we’re giving some of Britain's best comedians the chance to do just that, combining two of our core pillars – football and comedy."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid-weight Designer with super cool boutique agency Dahling Ltd £28-35k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight or Senior Conceptual Creative Team Dahling Ltd £30-45k or £60-90k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Junior Conceptual Creative or a Junior Creative team- TOP BOUTIQUE CREATIVE AGENCY!!!! Dahling Ltd £20-25k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Project Manager - Client Side - Blue Chip - CRM, Data, Backend Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + + Benefits +75% off travel , London
- CREATIVE SERVICES MANAGER (Brand Guardian, Marketing, Strategy) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Surrey