Paddy Power animates Queen on tenners to voice Euro 2012 views
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 June 2012 11:15AM
Paddy Power is bringing the Queen to life on all £10 notes, through augmented reality technology that will make her appear to voice her views on football throughout Euro 2012.
The Queen will share her views via the Blippar augmented reality app on footballing topics including England’s chances, Rooney’s hair, the cheating French and the Germans' penalty tactics.
The activity, created by Crispin Porter + Bogusky, will be supported with press advertising and social media activity.
Mobile users can access the content by opening the Blippar app and holding their phone over the £10 note, which will generate an animated Queen.
Users of the app will be able to click through to Paddy Power Mobile and put a bet on.
The Queen's views will be randomised and refreshed daily throughout the length of the three-week tournament to ensure users will see something new each time they "blip".
A Paddy Power spokesman said: "I'm sure the Queen like everyone else has views on football, but as we’re unlikely to hear them we thought we’d use a bit of creative license.
"It might put us at risk of getting thrown in the Tower of London but as we know she likes a flutter we’re sure Her Majesty will see the funny side."
The campaign marks the first time Paddy Power has used Blippar’s technology and the first time Blippar has partnered with a gambling brand.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Technical Product Manager Premier Consultants c.£55k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Comms Planning Account Director required for Sports Broadcaster Ultimate Asset £50000 - £53000 per annum, London
- Head of PR Brand Recruitment Excellent remuneration and benefits DOE, Loughborough
- Buyer / Senior Buyer Stonor £27-45K dependent on experience, London
- PR Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits , London