Lonely Planet appoints Iris to handle global digital youth strategy
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 June 2012 10:30AM
Lonely Planet, the travel guide publisher, has appointed Iris Worldwide to create an international youth strategy as it prepares to launch new digital products and services.
The account will be run out of Iris’ Australia office to service the Melbourne-based client, which manages its own marketing and digital strategy independently of its majority owner BBC Worldwide.
Iris won the business without a pitch and will be working with the publisher on a project-by-project basis, helping it to devise a multi-channel digital strategy.
As part of the brief, Iris will be tasked with delivering digital innovation for Lonely Planet, with the potential for developing campaigns around the new platforms.
Jason Shugg, head of product marketing and consumer insight at Lonely Planet, said: "We've identified Generation Y and Z as key audiences for us for future growth, so we need to make sure all our digital platforms are the best they can be."
BBC Worldwide bought a 75% stake in the Lonely Planet brand for £89m at the end of 2007.
It launched Lonely Planet magazine in the UK in 2009, which it licensed last year to Immediate Media to publish for the next five years.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director OOH Planning Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (GERMAN) - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Digital Agency Sales - Fast growing student targeting business Ultimate Asset £26000 - £31000 per annum + Realistic OTE of £60k Uncapped!, London
- Senior Account Executive - Central London Agency Fill Recruitment to £25k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Director / Account Director Fill Recruitment to £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign