Next rolls out Facebook app to mark 30 years of fashion
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 11 June 2012 12:01AM
Next, the high-street retailer, has launched a Facebook app, integrated with Spotify, to mark its 30-year anniversary, charting fashion through the decades.
The app, created by Jam, is an interactive timeline featuring a series of images which sum up fashion moments, each accompanied by a Spotify playlist.
It also charts the "evolution" of five styles over the past 30 years, to include images of the trench coat, wedges, dresses, suits and denim.
Users can share the images on Facebook by pressing the 'I Love It' social plug-in, as well as via Twitter.
If they can click on items representing 2012, they will be taken through to the Next website where they can purchase the item.
In the run-up to Christmas last year, Next reported a 16.9% year-on-year increase in online sales between 1 August and 24 December and a 2.7% sales fall for its retail store.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum,