Next rolls out Facebook app to mark 30 years of fashion
Next, the high-street retailer, has launched a Facebook app, integrated with Spotify, to mark its 30-year anniversary, charting fashion through the decades.
The app, created by Jam, is an interactive timeline featuring a series of images which sum up fashion moments, each accompanied by a Spotify playlist.
It also charts the "evolution" of five styles over the past 30 years, to include images of the trench coat, wedges, dresses, suits and denim.
Users can share the images on Facebook by pressing the 'I Love It' social plug-in, as well as via Twitter.
If they can click on items representing 2012, they will be taken through to the Next website where they can purchase the item.
In the run-up to Christmas last year, Next reported a 16.9% year-on-year increase in online sales between 1 August and 24 December and a 2.7% sales fall for its retail store.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014