Next rolls out Facebook app to mark 30 years of fashion
Next, the high-street retailer, has launched a Facebook app, integrated with Spotify, to mark its 30-year anniversary, charting fashion through the decades.
The app, created by Jam, is an interactive timeline featuring a series of images which sum up fashion moments, each accompanied by a Spotify playlist.
It also charts the "evolution" of five styles over the past 30 years, to include images of the trench coat, wedges, dresses, suits and denim.
Users can share the images on Facebook by pressing the 'I Love It' social plug-in, as well as via Twitter.
If they can click on items representing 2012, they will be taken through to the Next website where they can purchase the item.
In the run-up to Christmas last year, Next reported a 16.9% year-on-year increase in online sales between 1 August and 24 December and a 2.7% sales fall for its retail store.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Planner PFJ £26000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic & Product Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP22000 - GBP25000 per annum, Birmingham
- Consumer Insight Manager - Berkshire Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director: Birmingham based Creative Agency - digital, brochure literature & CRM Firehorse c.£55k, Birmingham
- Research Manager -Public sector Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Proximity's Justin Vir joins Havas Worldwide London