Sharp gets fans in the lab for Euro 2012 campaign
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 June 2012 11:25AM
Sharp is backing its sponsorship of the Euro 2012 championships with a campaign that drives football fans to a website that measures their emotions.
The activity, by digital agency Work Club, promotes the football tournament's official supplier of LCD TVs and solar panels.
FanLabs has been monitoring the brainwaves of fans from competing countries and gathering data on their attitudes, beliefs, knowledge and confidence.
For example, it found that the Swedish and French fans are the most optimistic in Group D, England's group.
Fresh data will be gathered from fans at the tournament and via a questionnaire on the Sharp FanLabs website itself.
Work Club has created a cross-media campaign, including TV creative, which Sharp hopes will be seen by 350 million fans in 16 markets.
The TV films feature fans from participating countries displaying their emotions. They answer questions such as, "who has the most dedicated fans?" and "which host nation is more passionate?".
The films will also be shown in the FanZones in Poland and Ukraine and on the big screens in the grounds.
The Work Club creative team includes Ben Mooge, Andy Sandoz, Simon Bird and Paddy Griffith.
Griffith said: "FanLabs means that we can now literally get inside the head of football fans giving Sharp a never-before seen insight into one of its biggest target consumers."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £45k - £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager- Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £28k - £34k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £21k - £24k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director- Ceative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £40k - £45k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Project Manager- Creative Integrated Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated