Rapper Tinchy Stryder partners with DSG Retail to develop tech range
Tinchy Stryder, the MOBO award-winning rapper, has formed a partnership with Dixons Retail's Goji to launch a portfolio of headphones and travel speakers in mid-July under the artist's name.
Goji will launch the tech products via Currys and PC World, the largest UK electricals retailers with more than 600 stores nationwide, under the name ‘Goji Tinchy Stryder: On Cloud 9’ product range.
The new range of headphones will be available from July nationwide, exclusively at Currys and PC World stores, as well as online at www.currys.co.uk and www.pcworld.co.uk. The travel speakers will launch later on in the year.
Alison van Veggel, head of marketing for Goji, said the artist will be "pivotal" in the creation direction of Goji’s new range of products, adding that his "talent, knowledge and passion for music are hugely valuable to us".
Tinchy said: "I’m really proud of this collaboration and can’t wait to see it in store. I’ve been looking at launching my own line of headphones and gadgets for some time, and Goji has been the perfect partner for me to work with on this project - the team I'm working with are amazing and we clicked right from the start.
"I can’t wait to get the products out there as I’m sure people are going to love the sound - which it was really important to me that we got right - and the design of the goods too. It’s really exciting for me to be adding this to my business ventures and I can’t wait for everyone to be able to see the finished goods for themselves."
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter: @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager EMR | Specialist Marketing Recruitment £60000 per annum + Bonus + Car Allowance + Profit Shares, Hertfordshire
- Medical/healthcare copywriter become £40k-£50k, London (Greater)
- Digital Media Manager Career Moves Group £40000 - £45000 per annum + dep on exp, London
- Service Delivery Manager Mortimer Spinks £45000 - £47000 per annum + Excellent Bonus & Benefits, London
- PR Account Director AF Selection £38000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- The man who made Grey matter
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- MediaCom's Lisa Humphreys flies flag for media in '35 women under 35' list