Rapper Tinchy Stryder partners with DSG Retail to develop tech range
Tinchy Stryder, the MOBO award-winning rapper, has formed a partnership with Dixons Retail's Goji to launch a portfolio of headphones and travel speakers in mid-July under the artist's name.
Goji will launch the tech products via Currys and PC World, the largest UK electricals retailers with more than 600 stores nationwide, under the name ‘Goji Tinchy Stryder: On Cloud 9’ product range.
The new range of headphones will be available from July nationwide, exclusively at Currys and PC World stores, as well as online at www.currys.co.uk and www.pcworld.co.uk. The travel speakers will launch later on in the year.
Alison van Veggel, head of marketing for Goji, said the artist will be "pivotal" in the creation direction of Goji’s new range of products, adding that his "talent, knowledge and passion for music are hugely valuable to us".
Tinchy said: "I’m really proud of this collaboration and can’t wait to see it in store. I’ve been looking at launching my own line of headphones and gadgets for some time, and Goji has been the perfect partner for me to work with on this project - the team I'm working with are amazing and we clicked right from the start.
"I can’t wait to get the products out there as I’m sure people are going to love the sound - which it was really important to me that we got right - and the design of the goods too. It’s really exciting for me to be adding this to my business ventures and I can’t wait for everyone to be able to see the finished goods for themselves."
Follow Arif Durrani on Twitter: @DurraniMix
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure