Sex and the City star shares love of Super Mario
Nintendo is launching an ad starring 'Sex and the City' actress Kim Cattrall in which she describes how Mario is the one man she can always rely on to have some fun.
The television campaign for 'Super Mario 3D Land' features Cattrall in her bedroom reaching across to her bedside table and opening her Nintendo 3DS to indulge in some "me time".
She says her and Mario's shared loved of dressing up has kept things "interesting" over the years.
The creative highlights how Super Mario can provide the perfect escape for women and is designed to promote how important it is to make time for play whatever their age.
Vanisha Kavia, junior product manager at Nintendo UK, said: "The new campaign is all about women having fun.
"Kim Cattrall is an inspiration for women of all ages. She's attractive, successful, intelligent and knows how to have fun."
The TV campaign launches today (11 June) and runs for two weeks across the major analogue and digital TV stations. Karmarama created the ad, which was directed by Aneil Karia.
'Super Mario 3D Land' is the first-ever 3D Mario adventure game and features the Tanooki suit, which is based on the Japanese racoon dog.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- Senior Graphic Designer (retail) Beyond The Book £DOE, Northampton
- Events and Marketing assistant Under The Bridge £25,000, Fulham, South west london
- Senior Ad Ops Executive Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity