Sex and the City star shares love of Super Mario
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 11 June 2012 12:20PM
Nintendo is launching an ad starring 'Sex and the City' actress Kim Cattrall in which she describes how Mario is the one man she can always rely on to have some fun.
The television campaign for 'Super Mario 3D Land' features Cattrall in her bedroom reaching across to her bedside table and opening her Nintendo 3DS to indulge in some "me time".
She says her and Mario's shared loved of dressing up has kept things "interesting" over the years.
The creative highlights how Super Mario can provide the perfect escape for women and is designed to promote how important it is to make time for play whatever their age.
Vanisha Kavia, junior product manager at Nintendo UK, said: "The new campaign is all about women having fun.
"Kim Cattrall is an inspiration for women of all ages. She's attractive, successful, intelligent and knows how to have fun."
The TV campaign launches today (11 June) and runs for two weeks across the major analogue and digital TV stations. Karmarama created the ad, which was directed by Aneil Karia.
'Super Mario 3D Land' is the first-ever 3D Mario adventure game and features the Tanooki suit, which is based on the Japanese racoon dog.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Frontend Developer Digital Gurus £30000 - £50000 Per Annum Bonus + Benefits Available, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Designer / Web Designer Guru Careers £Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire / Ely, Cambridgeshire / Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire / Peterborough, Camb...
- Senior Brand Strategy Consultant Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Qualitative - Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £75000 - £120000 per annum + Performance related bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred