Samsung ties with artists for 'creative' Note campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:30AM
Samsung is aiming to align itself with independent arts and music through a series of films and a social-media campaign to showcase the 'creative potential' of its Note tablet.
The first film in the ‘Breakfree’ series, which debuts this week, features ‘guerrilla’ textile artist Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning various landmarks with colourful knitted items.
This has already included putting pink knitwear on Anthony Gormley’s Iron Men sculpture in Merseyside, an act that grabbed headlines last month, before Samsung’s involvement became public.
The second film shows musician Mike Skinner of The Streets working with hip-hop group Man Like Me to help them achieve mainstream success, with a track to be released later this month. The third part of the series will feature an extreme-sports stunt.
The films, created by Jam, will be hosted on a dedicated YouTube page and seeded elsewhere. Samsung will also run a Twitter competition asking followers to tweet about moments when they have ‘broken free’ from everyday life.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad