Samsung ties with artists for 'creative' Note campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:30AM
Samsung is aiming to align itself with independent arts and music through a series of films and a social-media campaign to showcase the 'creative potential' of its Note tablet.
The first film in the ‘Breakfree’ series, which debuts this week, features ‘guerrilla’ textile artist Olek travelling the UK in a knitted taxi and adorning various landmarks with colourful knitted items.
This has already included putting pink knitwear on Anthony Gormley’s Iron Men sculpture in Merseyside, an act that grabbed headlines last month, before Samsung’s involvement became public.
The second film shows musician Mike Skinner of The Streets working with hip-hop group Man Like Me to help them achieve mainstream success, with a track to be released later this month. The third part of the series will feature an extreme-sports stunt.
The films, created by Jam, will be hosted on a dedicated YouTube page and seeded elsewhere. Samsung will also run a Twitter competition asking followers to tweet about moments when they have ‘broken free’ from everyday life.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner/buyer- TOP media agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show