Paddy Power bolsters marketing team with senior appointment
Paddy Power is boosting its marketing team as part of a strategy to increase its focus on online, mobile and social media
Mark Singleton will join the bookmaker as head of sportsbook marketing from 1 July.
He will lead the brand's sports-related marketing.
Singleton joins from Procter & Gamble, where he has spent the past decade working across Europe and, most recently, in the UK.
Paddy Power is now hunting for a head of e-gaming marketing for the poker, casino and games side of the business, and an international marketer.
The bookmaker also recently recruited a "head of mischief" to lead the brand's attention-grabbing PR activity.
The new position is understood to be held by former Paddy Power PR Ken Robertson. He will oversee stunts such as last week's installation of a giant imitation of Rio de Janeiro's Christ the Redeemer statue, with the face of England football manager Roy Hodgson, on the cliffs at Dover, Kent.
The activity forms part of the brand’s ongoing comedic 'We Hear You' campaign. The work includes controversial viral ads, by Crispin Porter & Bogusky.
These include "chav tranquilliser", which featured undesirable visitors to the Cheltenham Festival shot with tranquilliser darts.
Paddy Power aims to build on its revenue growth of 28% this year compared with last. This increase was driven by online and mobile use. Rev-enue from the company’s mobile betting business was up 241% year on year.
The brand’s marketing team is headed by marketing director Christian Woolfenden, who joined from Bacardi at the end of 2011.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'