HuffPo switches strategy to push editorial content
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:35AM
AOL is adopting a new strategy to promote the UK version of its news and current affairs site, The Huffington Post, in a bid to increase its audience.
Noel Penzer, managing director UK and vice president, international, The Huffington Post Media Group, told Marketing the objectives of the push include presenting the site to a wider audience, beyond the "digital-savvy".
It aims to promote original editorial content through the campaign. This marks a shift from the site’s UK launch campaign, which focused on enlisting bloggers.
AOL is set to appoint agency Gravity Road to handle advertising and content strategy for The Huffington Post.
The campaign, due to break later this year and will mainly run on digital channels. It will be based on the site's 'Conversations Start Here' positioning.
HuffingtonPost.co.uk attracted about 2.04 million unique visitors in April, according to comScore.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director AF Selection £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester