HuffPo switches strategy to push editorial content
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 08:35AM
AOL is adopting a new strategy to promote the UK version of its news and current affairs site, The Huffington Post, in a bid to increase its audience.
Noel Penzer, managing director UK and vice president, international, The Huffington Post Media Group, told Marketing the objectives of the push include presenting the site to a wider audience, beyond the "digital-savvy".
It aims to promote original editorial content through the campaign. This marks a shift from the site’s UK launch campaign, which focused on enlisting bloggers.
AOL is set to appoint agency Gravity Road to handle advertising and content strategy for The Huffington Post.
The campaign, due to break later this year and will mainly run on digital channels. It will be based on the site's 'Conversations Start Here' positioning.
HuffingtonPost.co.uk attracted about 2.04 million unique visitors in April, according to comScore.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SENIOR 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS & EXHIBITIONS Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Buckinghamshire
- Strategy Director - Consumer PR Reuben Sinclair £65000 - £85000 Per Annum, London (Greater)
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £40K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Head of Strategy - Associate Director Level Rare Selection £70 - £80K + enhanced benefits package, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith