HuffPo switches strategy to push editorial content
AOL is adopting a new strategy to promote the UK version of its news and current affairs site, The Huffington Post, in a bid to increase its audience.
Noel Penzer, managing director UK and vice president, international, The Huffington Post Media Group, told Marketing the objectives of the push include presenting the site to a wider audience, beyond the "digital-savvy".
It aims to promote original editorial content through the campaign. This marks a shift from the site’s UK launch campaign, which focused on enlisting bloggers.
AOL is set to appoint agency Gravity Road to handle advertising and content strategy for The Huffington Post.
The campaign, due to break later this year and will mainly run on digital channels. It will be based on the site's 'Conversations Start Here' positioning.
HuffingtonPost.co.uk attracted about 2.04 million unique visitors in April, according to comScore.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign