EBay appoints first UK and Ireland marketing director
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:00AM
EBay, the e-commerce giant, has appointed former Sainsbury's marketer Amanda Metcalfe to the newly-created role of UK and Ireland marketing director, Marketing can reveal.
Metfcalfe joined eBay in June last year as director of fashion retail, as part of the company's efforts to grow the category.
Prior to eBay she worked as an interim marketing director at online designer retailer Cocosa.com for six months.
She was also interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s and marketing director for My-wardrobe.com.
Clare Gilmartin, managing director of eBay UK, said the appointment will help the company capitalise on the growth of female shoppers on the site, adding that the UK market is the fastest growing of eBay’s business.
Until Metcalfe’s appointment, all UK and Ireland marketing has been lead by Alex von Shirmeister, vice president of marketing, operations and advertising, eBay Europe.
Ebay has not confirmed who she will be reporting into.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- SOCIAL MEDIA SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - WEST END - TO £29,000 D Salt £28000 - £29000 per annum + excellent benefits!!, London
- Global Market Launch Manager Stopgap competitive + excellent benefits, Surrey
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure