EBay appoints first UK and Ireland marketing director
EBay, the e-commerce giant, has appointed former Sainsbury's marketer Amanda Metcalfe to the newly-created role of UK and Ireland marketing director, Marketing can reveal.
Metfcalfe joined eBay in June last year as director of fashion retail, as part of the company's efforts to grow the category.
Prior to eBay she worked as an interim marketing director at online designer retailer Cocosa.com for six months.
She was also interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s and marketing director for My-wardrobe.com.
Clare Gilmartin, managing director of eBay UK, said the appointment will help the company capitalise on the growth of female shoppers on the site, adding that the UK market is the fastest growing of eBay’s business.
Until Metcalfe’s appointment, all UK and Ireland marketing has been lead by Alex von Shirmeister, vice president of marketing, operations and advertising, eBay Europe.
Ebay has not confirmed who she will be reporting into.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Campaign Manager Ninesharp £175 - £190 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + benefits, London
- Junior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £35K + benefits , Central London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni