EBay appoints first UK and Ireland marketing director
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:00AM
EBay, the e-commerce giant, has appointed former Sainsbury's marketer Amanda Metcalfe to the newly-created role of UK and Ireland marketing director, Marketing can reveal.
Metfcalfe joined eBay in June last year as director of fashion retail, as part of the company's efforts to grow the category.
Prior to eBay she worked as an interim marketing director at online designer retailer Cocosa.com for six months.
She was also interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s and marketing director for My-wardrobe.com.
Clare Gilmartin, managing director of eBay UK, said the appointment will help the company capitalise on the growth of female shoppers on the site, adding that the UK market is the fastest growing of eBay’s business.
Until Metcalfe’s appointment, all UK and Ireland marketing has been lead by Alex von Shirmeister, vice president of marketing, operations and advertising, eBay Europe.
Ebay has not confirmed who she will be reporting into.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media