EBay appoints first UK and Ireland marketing director
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:00AM
EBay, the e-commerce giant, has appointed former Sainsbury's marketer Amanda Metcalfe to the newly-created role of UK and Ireland marketing director, Marketing can reveal.
Metfcalfe joined eBay in June last year as director of fashion retail, as part of the company's efforts to grow the category.
Prior to eBay she worked as an interim marketing director at online designer retailer Cocosa.com for six months.
She was also interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s and marketing director for My-wardrobe.com.
Clare Gilmartin, managing director of eBay UK, said the appointment will help the company capitalise on the growth of female shoppers on the site, adding that the UK market is the fastest growing of eBay’s business.
Until Metcalfe’s appointment, all UK and Ireland marketing has been lead by Alex von Shirmeister, vice president of marketing, operations and advertising, eBay Europe.
Ebay has not confirmed who she will be reporting into.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of Brand/Channel Marketing Brand Recruitment £90000 - £110000 per annum + excellent benefits, Peterborough
- Digital Ad Operations Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Copywriter AF Selection £25,000 , West Midlands
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment competitive plus car allowance and great benefits, Northampton
- Marketing Manager - Brentwood - £40K = £45k Adam Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Brentwood
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links