EBay appoints first UK and Ireland marketing director
EBay, the e-commerce giant, has appointed former Sainsbury's marketer Amanda Metcalfe to the newly-created role of UK and Ireland marketing director, Marketing can reveal.
Metfcalfe joined eBay in June last year as director of fashion retail, as part of the company's efforts to grow the category.
Prior to eBay she worked as an interim marketing director at online designer retailer Cocosa.com for six months.
She was also interim head of marketing at Sainsbury’s and marketing director for My-wardrobe.com.
Clare Gilmartin, managing director of eBay UK, said the appointment will help the company capitalise on the growth of female shoppers on the site, adding that the UK market is the fastest growing of eBay’s business.
Until Metcalfe’s appointment, all UK and Ireland marketing has been lead by Alex von Shirmeister, vice president of marketing, operations and advertising, eBay Europe.
Ebay has not confirmed who she will be reporting into.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Stamford
- Digital Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum + plus benefits, High Wycombe
- Russian Speaking Online Marketing/Website Exec/Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Digital Marketing Specialist - £40K (DOE) - London - Technology Client Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 Per Annum bonus, benefits, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'