Harvey Nichols pushes summer sale with incontinent models
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 11:00AM
Harvey Nichols' summer press campaign features models who appear to have wet themselves in excitement about the store's seasonal sale.
The tongue-in-cheek campaign, created by DDB UK, features four different executions with models striking poses dressed in items from the current Harvey Nichols Spring Summer 2012 collections.
The creative's text states, "The Harvey Nichols Sale. Try to contain your excitement" and there are wet patches on the groin area of the models' outfits.
Julia Bowe, group press and marketing director, at Harvey Nichols said: "In the past we’ve experienced everything from customers camping outside the store overnight to be at the front of the queue, to fierce tussles between over-zealous bargain-hunters on the shop floor.
"In humorous reaction to the often-irrational excitement sale time engenders, we have developed this campaign to capture this near-fanatical spirit."
The sale launches tomorrow (13 June) and will feature brands include Alexander McQueen, Alice + Olivia and Charlotte Olympia at prices reduced by up to 70%.
Jeremy Craigen, executive creative director at DDB UK, said: "I wet myself when I saw this idea. That says it all really."
Last Christmas the retailer ran a viral campaign featuring women heading home on the "walk of shame".
Creative was handled by Craigen, and the creative team of Nikki Lindman and Toby Brewer.
Rocket was the media agency, while Alan Clarke was the photographer.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Integrated Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£170 - Ã‚£210 per day, London
- Senior Marketing Executive Barclay Meade Ã‚£35000 per annum + 5% bonus, City of London
- Midweight Designer - Creative Agency - Old Street Twist Recruitment Ã‚£27000.00 - Ã‚£32000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager Cars ! Ready for an immediate start or Jan 2015! Barker Graves £30/38K, central London
- PLANNER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Excellent, London