Harvey Nichols pushes summer sale with incontinent models
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 11:00AM
Harvey Nichols' summer press campaign features models who appear to have wet themselves in excitement about the store's seasonal sale.
The tongue-in-cheek campaign, created by DDB UK, features four different executions with models striking poses dressed in items from the current Harvey Nichols Spring Summer 2012 collections.
The creative's text states, "The Harvey Nichols Sale. Try to contain your excitement" and there are wet patches on the groin area of the models' outfits.
Julia Bowe, group press and marketing director, at Harvey Nichols said: "In the past we’ve experienced everything from customers camping outside the store overnight to be at the front of the queue, to fierce tussles between over-zealous bargain-hunters on the shop floor.
"In humorous reaction to the often-irrational excitement sale time engenders, we have developed this campaign to capture this near-fanatical spirit."
The sale launches tomorrow (13 June) and will feature brands include Alexander McQueen, Alice + Olivia and Charlotte Olympia at prices reduced by up to 70%.
Jeremy Craigen, executive creative director at DDB UK, said: "I wet myself when I saw this idea. That says it all really."
Last Christmas the retailer ran a viral campaign featuring women heading home on the "walk of shame".
Creative was handled by Craigen, and the creative team of Nikki Lindman and Toby Brewer.
Rocket was the media agency, while Alan Clarke was the photographer.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure