McCann Worldgroup buys UK search agency Lakestar
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:24AM
McCann Worldgroup has acquired digital marketing agency Lakestar Media for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of the search specialist agency will help McCann to enhance search engine optimisation capability for its UK agencies.
McCann Manchester will operate and manage Lakestar, with the search company continuing to manage its own client base, while working alongside McCann Worldgroup to deliver SEO to its clients.
Lakestar was founded five years ago by Demetrious Loizou, who is its head of sales. It has offices in London and Manchester, employing 50 people.
Neil McKay, chief executive of Lakestar, will continue to run the agency and the current management team will remain in place.
Lakestar's clients include Butlins, Halfords and The Co-operative.
Sue Little, chief executive of McCann Manchester, and Martin Jackson, chief financial officer of McCann Worldgroup UK, will join the board of Lakestar to manage the integration and development of the company within McCann Worldgroup.
Little said: "The completion of this deal significantly enhances our SEO offering and makes our overall integrated digital offering incredibly strong.
"We’ve wanted to grow our SEO offering for some time and we’ve been looking for a potential partner for well over a year."
McCann Worldgroup acquired interactive design agency All of Us in August last year to strengthen the group’s offering in the UK.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Group Account Director (6-month contract) Purple Consultancy £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Campaign Viral Chart: Huggies 3D-printed ultrascan makes top spot
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7