McCann Worldgroup buys UK search agency Lakestar
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:24AM
McCann Worldgroup has acquired digital marketing agency Lakestar Media for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of the search specialist agency will help McCann to enhance search engine optimisation capability for its UK agencies.
McCann Manchester will operate and manage Lakestar, with the search company continuing to manage its own client base, while working alongside McCann Worldgroup to deliver SEO to its clients.
Lakestar was founded five years ago by Demetrious Loizou, who is its head of sales. It has offices in London and Manchester, employing 50 people.
Neil McKay, chief executive of Lakestar, will continue to run the agency and the current management team will remain in place.
Lakestar's clients include Butlins, Halfords and The Co-operative.
Sue Little, chief executive of McCann Manchester, and Martin Jackson, chief financial officer of McCann Worldgroup UK, will join the board of Lakestar to manage the integration and development of the company within McCann Worldgroup.
Little said: "The completion of this deal significantly enhances our SEO offering and makes our overall integrated digital offering incredibly strong.
"We’ve wanted to grow our SEO offering for some time and we’ve been looking for a potential partner for well over a year."
McCann Worldgroup acquired interactive design agency All of Us in August last year to strengthen the group’s offering in the UK.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief