McCann Worldgroup buys UK search agency Lakestar
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:24AM
McCann Worldgroup has acquired digital marketing agency Lakestar Media for an undisclosed sum.
The acquisition of the search specialist agency will help McCann to enhance search engine optimisation capability for its UK agencies.
McCann Manchester will operate and manage Lakestar, with the search company continuing to manage its own client base, while working alongside McCann Worldgroup to deliver SEO to its clients.
Lakestar was founded five years ago by Demetrious Loizou, who is its head of sales. It has offices in London and Manchester, employing 50 people.
Neil McKay, chief executive of Lakestar, will continue to run the agency and the current management team will remain in place.
Lakestar's clients include Butlins, Halfords and The Co-operative.
Sue Little, chief executive of McCann Manchester, and Martin Jackson, chief financial officer of McCann Worldgroup UK, will join the board of Lakestar to manage the integration and development of the company within McCann Worldgroup.
Little said: "The completion of this deal significantly enhances our SEO offering and makes our overall integrated digital offering incredibly strong.
"We’ve wanted to grow our SEO offering for some time and we’ve been looking for a potential partner for well over a year."
McCann Worldgroup acquired interactive design agency All of Us in August last year to strengthen the group’s offering in the UK.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition