MediaCom hires Bafta's Cole to head branded content for Beyond Advertising
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 June 2012 08:52AM
MediaCom has appointed Bafta's head of communications Thea Cole to the post of head of branded content for the agency's Beyond Advertising offering.
Cole will report to Nick Cohen, managing partner and leader of MediaCom Beyond Advertising, the agency’s specialist content group.
She will be responsible for overseeing all elements of MediaCom’s branded content work from development through to production, distribution and evaluation.
Prior to Bafta, Cole’s posts included head of creative development at digital content development agency Twofour Digital and creative head at production company Red Bee Media.
Cole said: "This offers a fantastic opportunity to develop imaginative branded content campaigns, both in the UK and globally.
"MediaCom Beyond Advertising is undoubtedly leading the way in this area and I look forward to working with MediaCom's clients to create ever greater opportunities for them in the future."
Cohen said: "Thea brings a tremendous range and depth of experience to MediaCom, having worked in broadcasters, independent TV production, agency side (at Red Bee) and most recently as a client at Bafta.
"Her creativity, production skills and industry connections will be a huge asset to our clients."
Cole was also responsible for delivering some of the earliest content series for UKTV, having previously spent ten years at the BBC as a producer and director.
MediaCom Beyond Advertising's clients include utilities company E.ON, car marque VW and computer retailer Dell.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show