MediaCom hires Bafta's Cole to head branded content for Beyond Advertising
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 June 2012 08:52AM
MediaCom has appointed Bafta's head of communications Thea Cole to the post of head of branded content for the agency's Beyond Advertising offering.
Cole will report to Nick Cohen, managing partner and leader of MediaCom Beyond Advertising, the agency’s specialist content group.
She will be responsible for overseeing all elements of MediaCom’s branded content work from development through to production, distribution and evaluation.
Prior to Bafta, Cole’s posts included head of creative development at digital content development agency Twofour Digital and creative head at production company Red Bee Media.
Cole said: "This offers a fantastic opportunity to develop imaginative branded content campaigns, both in the UK and globally.
"MediaCom Beyond Advertising is undoubtedly leading the way in this area and I look forward to working with MediaCom's clients to create ever greater opportunities for them in the future."
Cohen said: "Thea brings a tremendous range and depth of experience to MediaCom, having worked in broadcasters, independent TV production, agency side (at Red Bee) and most recently as a client at Bafta.
"Her creativity, production skills and industry connections will be a huge asset to our clients."
Cole was also responsible for delivering some of the earliest content series for UKTV, having previously spent ten years at the BBC as a producer and director.
MediaCom Beyond Advertising's clients include utilities company E.ON, car marque VW and computer retailer Dell.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Retail Marketing Co-ordinator - Nespresso Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits, Gatwick, West Sussex
- Marketing Executive - Russian Speaking - Association Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £29000 - £31000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 - www.w Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + + Excellent Benefits, London
- Account Manager - PR/Events/Brand Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity