Nando's appoints first head of digital
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 June 2012 10:02AM
Nando's is upping its digital credentials by appointing a head of digital, Jonathan Hopkins, who previously ran digital consultancy Shed.
Hopkins has more than 10 years' experience across digital.
At Shed, he worked in partnership with agencies including Poke, Hypernaked and BBH on brands including Orange, Cadbury and Nokia.
Prior to Shed, Hopkins was senior creative and digital consultant at Bite Communications, where he worked with clients Apple and Facebook, among others.
The appointment of Hopkins comes as Nando's prepares to up its digital credentials by growing the division and expand its overall UK marketing team, which numbers around seven.
Last year, the Portuguese-themed chicken restaurant launched a digital campaign fronted by US comedian Reggie Watts, encouraging consumers to "make some noise".
Nando’s is currently working on the next version of the Nando's applications and is plotting a national campaign which will be digitally led.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "Digital is clearly a very important part of our marketing strategy, therefore our entire marketing team is digitally savvy."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account