Nando's appoints first head of digital
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 June 2012 10:02AM
Nando's is upping its digital credentials by appointing a head of digital, Jonathan Hopkins, who previously ran digital consultancy Shed.
Hopkins has more than 10 years' experience across digital.
At Shed, he worked in partnership with agencies including Poke, Hypernaked and BBH on brands including Orange, Cadbury and Nokia.
Prior to Shed, Hopkins was senior creative and digital consultant at Bite Communications, where he worked with clients Apple and Facebook, among others.
The appointment of Hopkins comes as Nando's prepares to up its digital credentials by growing the division and expand its overall UK marketing team, which numbers around seven.
Last year, the Portuguese-themed chicken restaurant launched a digital campaign fronted by US comedian Reggie Watts, encouraging consumers to "make some noise".
Nando’s is currently working on the next version of the Nando's applications and is plotting a national campaign which will be digitally led.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "Digital is clearly a very important part of our marketing strategy, therefore our entire marketing team is digitally savvy."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency