Nando's appoints first head of digital
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 13 June 2012 10:02AM
Nando's is upping its digital credentials by appointing a head of digital, Jonathan Hopkins, who previously ran digital consultancy Shed.
Hopkins has more than 10 years' experience across digital.
At Shed, he worked in partnership with agencies including Poke, Hypernaked and BBH on brands including Orange, Cadbury and Nokia.
Prior to Shed, Hopkins was senior creative and digital consultant at Bite Communications, where he worked with clients Apple and Facebook, among others.
The appointment of Hopkins comes as Nando's prepares to up its digital credentials by growing the division and expand its overall UK marketing team, which numbers around seven.
Last year, the Portuguese-themed chicken restaurant launched a digital campaign fronted by US comedian Reggie Watts, encouraging consumers to "make some noise".
Nando’s is currently working on the next version of the Nando's applications and is plotting a national campaign which will be digitally led.
A spokesperson for Nando's said: "Digital is clearly a very important part of our marketing strategy, therefore our entire marketing team is digitally savvy."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- PLANNING ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL SOFT DRINKS BRAND Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Executive AF Selection £21,000 - £22,000, South Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith