Johnson & Johnson launches £200m EMEA media contest
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 08:00AM
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has kick-started a contest for its estimated £200 million EMEA media planning and buying business.
Carat, the incumbent on the account, is expected to line up against J&J’s other roster agencies: Interpublic’s Mediabrands, which handles its US account, and OMD, which oversees the business in Asia.
The Aegis Media-owned network landed the J&J EMEA media business in 2007 after a pitch against the previous incumbent, Interpublic’s Initiative.
J&J, which owns consumer brands including Listerine, Nicorette and Imodium, has not held a Europe-specific review since then. However, in 2010, it called an informal roster review of its estimated $3 billion global media business to benchmark the performance of its three media networks. The review did not result in any agency changes.
A statement from the company said: "Johnson & Johnson is exploring opportunities with our agency partners across EMEA to deliver innovative and full integrated solutions for our brands."
J&J spends £19 million on UK media, according to Nielsen figures. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
Sales of its consumer products fell 2.4 per cent to $3.6 billion in the first quarter of this year, according to its results.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London
- Data Insight Analyst | London | £45k Salt £35000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Digital Sales Manager - Iconic Music Brands Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London