Johnson & Johnson launches £200m EMEA media contest
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 08:00AM
Johnson & Johnson, the health and skincare company, has kick-started a contest for its estimated £200 million EMEA media planning and buying business.
Carat, the incumbent on the account, is expected to line up against J&J’s other roster agencies: Interpublic’s Mediabrands, which handles its US account, and OMD, which oversees the business in Asia.
The Aegis Media-owned network landed the J&J EMEA media business in 2007 after a pitch against the previous incumbent, Interpublic’s Initiative.
J&J, which owns consumer brands including Listerine, Nicorette and Imodium, has not held a Europe-specific review since then. However, in 2010, it called an informal roster review of its estimated $3 billion global media business to benchmark the performance of its three media networks. The review did not result in any agency changes.
A statement from the company said: "Johnson & Johnson is exploring opportunities with our agency partners across EMEA to deliver innovative and full integrated solutions for our brands."
J&J spends £19 million on UK media, according to Nielsen figures. Brands supported include Listerine and Neutrogena.
Sales of its consumer products fell 2.4 per cent to $3.6 billion in the first quarter of this year, according to its results.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham