Mulberry calls pitch for media business
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:00AM
Mulberry, the luxury handbag brand, is reviewing its international media planning and buying business.
The brand currently handles its media in-house, but is looking for an agency to oversee media in the UK, France and the US.
The search is being led by Tori Campbell, the marketing director at Mulberry. It is understood that the ramping-up of marketing strategy has been initiated by the arrival of Mulberry's new chief executive, Bruno Guillon, who took over in March.
Campbell has approached a number of agencies ahead of launching a formal pitch process. According to an e-mail issued to media shops, the work will focus on a "significant franchise element to the business".
This week, the brand reported a sharp rise in profits for the year to March. Pre-tax profit shot up to £23.3 million from £5.1 million a year ago.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Executive - Digital Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Experiential and Events - 38K - 42K Bamboo Crowd £38K - £42K, Central London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Leicester
- Senior Account Director - Festival Activation and Music Sponsorship - 55K - 60K Bamboo Crowd £55K - £60K , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity