MEC Access picks up Vodafone brief
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 09:00AM
Vodafone has hired MEC Access to work on finding its next eight-figure global sponsorship property.
MEC's sponsorship business landed the brief after a pitch held through the consultant Creativebrief.
The WPP-owned MEC Access will assess the sponsorship market for Vodafone to identify potential opportunities in areas that could include sport, music, entertainment, arts and culture.
WPP handles advertising for Vodafone through its Team Red division, but the search is understood to have extended beyond WPP shops.
Although the initial appointment is to work with Vodafone on reviewing opportunities, MEC Access could then work with the brand on signing the deal and activating the partnership.
It is thought that Vodafone hopes to find a sponsorship as significant as its support for the McLaren Formula One team, which runs until at least the end of 2013.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London