Marriott kicks off review of European hotels ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 10:00AM
Marriott Hotels Europe is reviewing its advertising account.
The group has approached a number of agencies ahead of a pitch process that will span advertising, digital and direct marketing across Europe, but will focus mainly on the UK.
It is understood Marriott's European division does not have a retained ad agency, but Marriott International, the brand's global division, works with McGarryBowen and Team One in the US, while Marriott's global media planning and buying is handled by MEC. These agencies will be unaffected by the review.
The review comes midway through the hotel group's five-year plan to double its portfolio across Europe by 2015. This will see an increase from 40,000 rooms to 80,000 rooms across its 174 hotels.
Eight of Marriott's 18 brands currently have hotels in Europe. These include Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Executive Apartments and European Residence Inn.
Last year, McGarryBowen launched a £6 million global advertising campaign for Marriott featuring six watercolour illustrations that feature within Marriott Hotels & Resorts in London, Beijing, Aruba and Pune. The print and outdoor campaign showed silhouettes against a backdrop of its lobby lounges, guest rooms, beachfront pools and spa treatment rooms.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films