Marriott kicks off review of European hotels ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 June 2012 10:00AM
Marriott Hotels Europe is reviewing its advertising account.
The group has approached a number of agencies ahead of a pitch process that will span advertising, digital and direct marketing across Europe, but will focus mainly on the UK.
It is understood Marriott's European division does not have a retained ad agency, but Marriott International, the brand's global division, works with McGarryBowen and Team One in the US, while Marriott's global media planning and buying is handled by MEC. These agencies will be unaffected by the review.
The review comes midway through the hotel group's five-year plan to double its portfolio across Europe by 2015. This will see an increase from 40,000 rooms to 80,000 rooms across its 174 hotels.
Eight of Marriott's 18 brands currently have hotels in Europe. These include Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott, Marriott Executive Apartments and European Residence Inn.
Last year, McGarryBowen launched a £6 million global advertising campaign for Marriott featuring six watercolour illustrations that feature within Marriott Hotels & Resorts in London, Beijing, Aruba and Pune. The print and outdoor campaign showed silhouettes against a backdrop of its lobby lounges, guest rooms, beachfront pools and spa treatment rooms.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014