DMA launches campaign highlighting value of direct marketing in UK
printweek.com, Thursday, 14 June 2012 01:00PM
The Direct Marketing Association 'the Real Deal' campaign aims to boost investment in DM and show the industry's positive impact on the economy and society.
Created by customer intelligence agency Indicia, the campaign will see around 2500 postcards and 1400 posters printed by Bristol-based mailing firm Latcham Direct, sent to direct marketing industry members across the UK this week.
Promotional pieces will also be displayed at smaller regional events taking place across the country, along with a smaller number of digitally-printed posters, of which there are four variations.
DMA director of communication Rachel Aldighieri said the initiative, part of an integrated campaign to promote the 2012 DMA Awards launching on 14 June, is designed to show excellence in direct marketing.
Aldighieri the DMA wants industry members to celebrate their work and the sector as a whole, particularly in the face of declining spend on traditional DM channels and potential new EU data protection laws that could have a negative impact.
"We are doing a lot of work to demonstrate the value of our industry to the economy and the sheer amount of employment in creates from mailing houses to printers, creative agencies and even post men.
"We are seeing a bit of a decline from the mailing side of things particularly but those traditional mailing companies are really innovating," she added.
The DMA is due publish a report this month examining DM impact on the UK economy.
This article was first published on printweek.com
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London