MG OMD appoints OMD UK's Hayley Spence as head of search
Manning Gottlieb OMD has appointed OMD UK's strategy director Hayley Spence as its first head of search, following the promotion of Mark Mitchell.
In her new role Spence will have responsibility for Manning Gottlieb's growing search operation, across search engine optimisation (natural search) and pay per click (paid search).
Spence will report to Katie Eyton, executive director, head of digital at Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Spence was the first dedicated search employee across the Omnicom Media Group when she joined as search manager in 2006.
She was promoted to associate director before becoming search strategy director.
Spence started her career at the Australian full service digital shop The White Agency in 2004.
Previously, Mitchell was head of search across OMD Group. He was promoted to head of search at Omnicom Media Group in April.
Spence said: "I am thrilled about the promotion and the chance to move to Manning Gottlieb OMD.
"The agency’s client list is second to none and Manning Gottlieb OMD is going from strength to strength with significant new business wins and impressive award success already this year.
"In my new role I will be concentrating on ensuring that Manning Gottlieb OMD’s already best-in-class search offering is further strengthened by using the insight we garner through real time trends to influence wider communication strategies."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Strategist Speckled Frog £60-80k depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Manager True Careers £35-£50k, West Midlands
- Designer | Agency Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again