MG OMD appoints OMD UK's Hayley Spence as head of search
Manning Gottlieb OMD has appointed OMD UK's strategy director Hayley Spence as its first head of search, following the promotion of Mark Mitchell.
In her new role Spence will have responsibility for Manning Gottlieb's growing search operation, across search engine optimisation (natural search) and pay per click (paid search).
Spence will report to Katie Eyton, executive director, head of digital at Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Spence was the first dedicated search employee across the Omnicom Media Group when she joined as search manager in 2006.
She was promoted to associate director before becoming search strategy director.
Spence started her career at the Australian full service digital shop The White Agency in 2004.
Previously, Mitchell was head of search across OMD Group. He was promoted to head of search at Omnicom Media Group in April.
Spence said: "I am thrilled about the promotion and the chance to move to Manning Gottlieb OMD.
"The agency’s client list is second to none and Manning Gottlieb OMD is going from strength to strength with significant new business wins and impressive award success already this year.
"In my new role I will be concentrating on ensuring that Manning Gottlieb OMD’s already best-in-class search offering is further strengthened by using the insight we garner through real time trends to influence wider communication strategies."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Premium Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Premium Beer Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + 30 % bonus potential!, Surrey
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- TV body Barb to track viewing via tablets
- Reebok Classics brand film champions 'Madchester' revival
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014