MG OMD appoints OMD UK's Hayley Spence as head of search
Manning Gottlieb OMD has appointed OMD UK's strategy director Hayley Spence as its first head of search, following the promotion of Mark Mitchell.
In her new role Spence will have responsibility for Manning Gottlieb's growing search operation, across search engine optimisation (natural search) and pay per click (paid search).
Spence will report to Katie Eyton, executive director, head of digital at Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Spence was the first dedicated search employee across the Omnicom Media Group when she joined as search manager in 2006.
She was promoted to associate director before becoming search strategy director.
Spence started her career at the Australian full service digital shop The White Agency in 2004.
Previously, Mitchell was head of search across OMD Group. He was promoted to head of search at Omnicom Media Group in April.
Spence said: "I am thrilled about the promotion and the chance to move to Manning Gottlieb OMD.
"The agency’s client list is second to none and Manning Gottlieb OMD is going from strength to strength with significant new business wins and impressive award success already this year.
"In my new role I will be concentrating on ensuring that Manning Gottlieb OMD’s already best-in-class search offering is further strengthened by using the insight we garner through real time trends to influence wider communication strategies."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show