MG OMD appoints OMD UK's Hayley Spence as head of search
Manning Gottlieb OMD has appointed OMD UK's strategy director Hayley Spence as its first head of search, following the promotion of Mark Mitchell.
In her new role Spence will have responsibility for Manning Gottlieb's growing search operation, across search engine optimisation (natural search) and pay per click (paid search).
Spence will report to Katie Eyton, executive director, head of digital at Manning Gottlieb OMD.
Spence was the first dedicated search employee across the Omnicom Media Group when she joined as search manager in 2006.
She was promoted to associate director before becoming search strategy director.
Spence started her career at the Australian full service digital shop The White Agency in 2004.
Previously, Mitchell was head of search across OMD Group. He was promoted to head of search at Omnicom Media Group in April.
Spence said: "I am thrilled about the promotion and the chance to move to Manning Gottlieb OMD.
"The agency’s client list is second to none and Manning Gottlieb OMD is going from strength to strength with significant new business wins and impressive award success already this year.
"In my new role I will be concentrating on ensuring that Manning Gottlieb OMD’s already best-in-class search offering is further strengthened by using the insight we garner through real time trends to influence wider communication strategies."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief