MEC hires Unilever marketer Caroline Banquet
MEC has appointed Caroline Banquet, formerly brand manager at Unilever margarine Flora pro.activ, as its new communications director for Danone and Complan, replacing Julia Guest.
Banquet has been tasked with delivering innovative and cost-effective communications plans for Danone dairy products, including Activia and Actimel, and Complan nutrition products.
She will report to Beatrice Boue, business director at MEC.
Banquet was at FMCG giant Unilever for more than five years and was brand manager of Flora pro.activ from July 2009 and brand manager of Wall's ice cream between May 2006 and June 2009.
She started her career in brand manager and product manager roles at Johnson & Johnson, Volvic and Nestle.
Boue said: "Coming from a brand rather than an agency, Caroline brings invaluable insight into exactly what our client wants which will allow us to deliver a more strategic and targeted approach."
MEC’s Danone team has 12 communications planners and 14 media specialists across sectors such as audio visual, digital, social, search and print.
Banquet will be one of two communications directors, alongside Laura Moorcraft.
Banquet said: "Having been a brand manager for seven years I understand not only the food industry as a whole, but also the individual brands and their media needs.
"I can’t think of a more highly regarded agency to join."
Guest left MEC to become a digital strategist at Associated Newspapers.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Pepsi Max pranks cinemagoers for Halloween