Cannes 2012: AMV and BBH make Cannes Creative Effectiveness shortlist
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:14AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Bartle Bogle Hegarty are the only two British agencies to be shortlisted in the Creative Effectiveness category at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
AMV has been nominated for its "you're not you when you're hungry" global case study for Mars Snickers, while BBH makes the cut for its "excite" work on Unilever's Axe/Lynx brand.
This year, the USA dominates the 13-strong final shortlist with a total of six entries – Wieden+Kennedy Portland and Crispin Porter & Bogusky each have two finalists.
W&K received nominations for its response campaign for Old Spice Body Wash and "born of fire" for Chrysler while CP&B has been shortlisted for "small business Saturday" for American Express and "show us your pizza" for Domino's.
Grey New York is through with "breathe happy" for Procter & Gamble’s Febreze brand and Ogilvy New York makes the cut for "Watson" on behalf of IBM.
Agencies from Colombia, Argentina, Australia, Germany and India make up the remainder, each with one shortlisted entry.
These comprise: Lowe-SSP3 Bogota’s "operation Christmas" for the Columbian Ministry of Defence; Ponce Buenos Aires' "axe premature perspiration" for Axe; Leo Burnett Sydney's "watermark" for Diageo's Bundaberg Rum; Kempertrautmann Hamburg's "Germany’s biggest search for missing children" for Initiative Vermisste Kinder, and Creativeland Asia Mumbai's "plan-t" for Parle Agro's Hippo Baked Munchies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- Digital Designer Developer become £25k - 28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief