Cannes 2012: AMV and BBH make Cannes Creative Effectiveness shortlist
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 09:14AM
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Bartle Bogle Hegarty are the only two British agencies to be shortlisted in the Creative Effectiveness category at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
AMV has been nominated for its "you're not you when you're hungry" global case study for Mars Snickers, while BBH makes the cut for its "excite" work on Unilever's Axe/Lynx brand.
This year, the USA dominates the 13-strong final shortlist with a total of six entries – Wieden+Kennedy Portland and Crispin Porter & Bogusky each have two finalists.
W&K received nominations for its response campaign for Old Spice Body Wash and "born of fire" for Chrysler while CP&B has been shortlisted for "small business Saturday" for American Express and "show us your pizza" for Domino's.
Grey New York is through with "breathe happy" for Procter & Gamble’s Febreze brand and Ogilvy New York makes the cut for "Watson" on behalf of IBM.
Agencies from Colombia, Argentina, Australia, Germany and India make up the remainder, each with one shortlisted entry.
These comprise: Lowe-SSP3 Bogota’s "operation Christmas" for the Columbian Ministry of Defence; Ponce Buenos Aires' "axe premature perspiration" for Axe; Leo Burnett Sydney's "watermark" for Diageo's Bundaberg Rum; Kempertrautmann Hamburg's "Germany’s biggest search for missing children" for Initiative Vermisste Kinder, and Creativeland Asia Mumbai's "plan-t" for Parle Agro's Hippo Baked Munchies.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business